Sunday, October 9, 2011

Statistics

This weeks lecture was awesome!!! It was crazy because I did believe a few of the negative stereotypes against black people. When Dr. Fenwick showed us the facts about what was actually going on in our community, I was somewhat shocked but also extremely happy! Hearing that many black men actually have high standardized test scores was enlightening. Education has always been stressed to me and my twin brother, so it was great to see that its not just my family. I would really like to know why black males aren't in college but they have high test scores. I also was surprised to know that the rate of crack cocaine is higher in whites than in blacks. all of the statistics she stated were completely opposite of what the media and the world had portrayed to us. I was so pleased with the turn out of all of the questions. She was a really great speaker and I enjoyed how she went about her lecture. At the end of the lecture I made it a necessity to speak with her. Her presence was really warm and she was really easy to talk to. I would love to do some type of research with her.


Parker Gilkesson
@02660576
Group 19

No comments:

Post a Comment